As Hurricane Irma approaches North Carolina, our organization is taking all precautionary measures to ensure the safety of our employees, members and their families.
The Durham and Chapel Hill locations are subject to closing Monday, September 11 and Tuesday, September 12. We will continue to monitor the storm and will update our website and social media as necessary.
We will continue to share information to help keep our families informed of the hurricane’s progression and provide updates to aid residents in preparedness. Below are several websites that may be useful as you are preparing for the storm:
· American Red Cross: http://www.redcross.org/get-help/how-to-prepare-for-emergencies/types-of-emergencies
· Hurricane Preparedness Checklist: https://www.redcross.org/images/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m4340160_Hurricane.pdf
· National Hurricane Center: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/
· Federal Emergency Management Agency: https://www.fema.gov/
· North Carolina Emergency Management: https://www.ncdps.gov/Our-Organization/Emergency-Management
· The Weather Channel Hurricane Central: https://weather.com/storms/hurricane-central
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA): https://nowcoast.noaa.gov/
· Boys & Girls Clubs of America Disaster Resources: http://bgca.org/disasterrelief
Find a shelter:
· 1-800-RedCross (1-800-733-2767) http://maps.redcross.org/website/maps/ARC_Shelters.html
· Pet Friendly Shelters for (Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina): http://www.akc.org/content/news/articles/hurricane-irma-pet-friendly-shelters/
Jerome Levisy, CEO
Boys & Girls Clubs of Durham and Orange Counties